About StepWISEnow and our Director Molly Roffman, PT
What is StepWISEnow Balance Fitness?
StepWISEnow is a comprehensive, balance fitness and fall prevention practice offering a variety of evidence and research based programs designed to help people live healthier, more active, and more independent lives.
Participants gain strength, stamina, flexibility, vitality and confidence in these energizing, fun and supportive programs.
We are committed to helping everyone live an active life for their entire life. We have classes and workshops for everyone from people who walk several miles a day to people who struggle with mobility issues.
Fall prevention and balance fitness are about helping everyone, no matter what their current physical mobility level is, improve their fitness, confidence, and balance – because balance is the key to living a longer, more independent life.
Our director, Molly Olivia Roffman, PT, MA, CEEAA, is a licensed New York State physical therapist.
GET TO KNOW OUR DIRECTOR
Meet Molly Roffman, PT, MA, CEEAA
Molly is the founder and director of StepWISEnow Balance Fitness. She is a licensed New York State physical therapist specializing in fall prevention and balance training. Molly’s experience in the rehabilitation of patients who sustained fractures and other fall-related injuries inspired her to develop StepWISEnow.
Through her work in rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and home care, Molly saw firsthand how devastating the consequences a fall can be on the individual and on their circle of caregivers. Her research into falls led her to ask the question: If, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, falls are preventable~
- why are so many people falling?
- why do falls continue to be the main cause of injury and death for older adults?
"There is a dangerous gap in the continuum-of-care for older adults. This gap can be effectively bridged by affordable, on-going, high-quality, evidence-based, community balance and fall prevention programming. The StepWISEnow Balance Fitness Studio seeks to provide this bridge." ~Molly Olivia Roffman, PT
Molly’s Education, Specialized Training, and Certifications
- BA Dance and Psychology, Connecticut College, New London, CT
- NYS Licensed Physical Therapist, Hunter College, NY
- MA Movement Science, Teachers College, Columbia University NY
- Certification as an Exercise Expert for the Aging Adult (CEEAA)
- Master Trainer for A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls
- Certified Instructor for Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance
- Certified Instructor for Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
- Certified Trainer for Otago Balance Exercise Program
- Certified Instructor for Restorative Yoga
- Certified Zumba Gold and Zumba Gold Chair Instructor
- LSVT BIG for Parkinson’s Instructor (Spring 2018)
- Pilates for Older Adults (Spring 2018)
- Research Participant: New York State Department of Health Older Adult Fall Prevention Program/ACL Fall Prevention Grant 2015-2017