A Matter of Balance
Managing Concerns about Falls
A Matter of Balance is an award-winning class that will help you manage your risk of falling and increase your activity levels.
This evidence-based class focuses on practical strategies to manage and prevent falls. Participants learn to set realistic goals for staying active, safe, and independent. The course emphasizes community building and individual empowerment.
Soon to be Available Online!
Our next session is scheduled for March 2021!
Space is limited. Contact us to reserve a spot.
Length of Class
Twice a week for 4 Weeks
You Will Learn:
- To view falls as controllable
- Set goals for increased activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risk at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone concerned about falling
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility, and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
What Happens During Class:
- Presentations on fall risk factors
- Group discussions, problem solving, skill building
- Exercise and balance training
- Sharing of practical solutions
- Thought provoking videos
- Useful fall prevention resources
- Health care professional presentations: physical therapist, Emergency Medical Technician